GLOBAL INVESTMENT FIRM
PR for a global investment firm with $37bn in assets under management
Our client, a fund manager with $37bn in assets under management and over $350bn in assets under advisement, wanted a proactive PR programme that would raise its profile amongst pension funds, endowments & foundations, and family offices and generate new business leads.
We had to quickly get to grips with complex investment topics and then draft press releases which communicated them in an easily digestible, understandable way to journalists. Topics covered as part of the PR programme included:
- Performance of sector-focused private equity funds versus generalist PE funds
- Returns from Alternative Risk Premia funds
- What’s driving investment portfolio performance of endowment & foundations?
- Is the environment for active fund managers versus index trackers improving?
- Performance of funds investing in CAT bonds and other insurance-linked securitie
As well as drafting press releases, distributing them and following up with journalists, other activity delivered as part of the programme included:
- Arranging and attending meetings with journalists at publications such as the Financial Times, The Economist and Wall Street Journal – resulting in feature pieces in these publications covering our client
- Arranging speaker opportunities for PR conferences and securing a pipeline of features pieces in trade magazines and drafting articles
Through this programme, the fund manager achieved regular, high value coverage in media outlets read by key decision makers at potential clients, such as trustees, CFOs and investment committees. This included:
- Financial Times
- The Economist