RETAIL FINANCIAL SERVICES
Driving sales and new business leads for a firm of financial advisers
Our client, a firm of financial advisers, wanted an ambitious PR programme that would drive sales and new business leads amongst its key target audience of high net worth individuals. To do this, we identified a number of topics that our client could offer expert insight on. We then delivered a series of high-impact PR activities that gave our client access to media read by their target clients.
These topics were designed not just to highlight trends and provoke debate, but also as a call to action. Themes included the long-term underperformance of cash investments, the value of contributing more to a pension, and the importance of seeking advice on portfolio diversification.
We carried out all necessary research and drafting. Our client was only required for final sign-off, saving them time and money – maximising their return from PR. Specific PR topics included:
- Savers penalised for exceeding the lifetime allowance
- The overinvestment in cash by pensioners
- Value of transfers from final salary pension schemes
- Disparity in size between female and male pension pots
- Pros and cons of active vs passive fund management
- Trends in fundraising through Venture Capital Trusts